There is a level of passion that designers have that makes this career choice not only creative and fulfilling but also lucrative. Having focus, a good foundation and loving what you do is the common thread successful Interior Designers and Home Stagers have.
Interior design and Home Staging are two types of design businesses that go hand in hand with each other. Having a combination allows you to have a number of services that are individual to your liking and wheel house.
To get started in the home staging and design business, you’ll need to:
- Gain experience and expertise by taking courses or working alongside a professional designer or stager.
- Develop a portfolio of your work, including before-and-after photos of homes you’ve staged or designed. Market your services to potential clients, such as real estate agents or homeowners looking to sell their homes.
The Bottom Line: Why this business is a good one to get into. The home staging and design business offers several benefits, such as:
- A flexible schedule: You can work when you want and take on clients as needed.
- High earning potential: According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual wage for interior designers is $56,040. Industry standard wage for interior designers is $75 + an hour depending on the type of design and market.
- A creative outlet: The ability to design and create beautiful spaces can be very fulfilling.
There are many ways to make money. Industry standard hourly rate for your market, mark ups, vendor commissions, are all ways to earn money as a designer. Don’t forget the Designer Trade Discounts. Home Staging has been listed in the top 10 businesses that thrive in a recession. Overall, the home staging and design business offers a great opportunity to make money and to create a beautiful life.
Do You have a passion for all things Design?
Interested in a career in Home Staging and or Interior Design? We have the course that works for you. Immersive, interactive, hands-on Home Staging and Design Business Education Courses with Mentoring and Support.
Our Next New York Home Staging Certification in-person course is October 16-21, 2023
Our Next Los Angeles Home Staging Certification in-person course is September 4-9, 2023
Our Next Tampa Home Staging Certification in-person course is October 30- November 3, 2023
Our Next Interior Design in-person course in Los Angeles is September 4-9, 2023, October 16-21, 2023