Congratulations on taking your first step towards creative independence and joining The Academy’s elite group of professional Designers. No prior experience is necessary to take our course as each student is coached and mentored to reach their specific goals. We look forward to supporting you in every aspect of your aspiring future whether your dream is to have a design career, fun sideline or to develop the skills to redesign your own home.
- Interior Design Certificate Course
- Live training runs 6 consecutive days plus homework.
- 10+ pre-course modules emailed prior to live training.
- Hands-on design exercises, field trips and industry speakers.
- Graduates are able to take on clients immediately.
- Unprecedented, after graduation coaching program included.
Don’t wait any longer, we have the Courses and layaway options that fit your life, your schedule and your budget. Take a step today to change your future and design the life that you have been dreaming of. Stop Dreaming and Start Doing, Let this be the Year You Change Your Life!
All Credit Cards, PayPal Credit, and Layaway plans available.
Your 6 Day Course Itinerary
The Academy is proud to provide students of all backgrounds from across the globe with an unprecedented combination of industry-expert sessions, post-graduate mentoring, and our proprietary formulas for success. This unique scope includes every aspect of design and business training needed to thrive in this exciting field.
LA Interior Design Itinerary
- Overview of Interior Design
- Flooring – industry expert session
- Textiles, Drapery, Wallpaper – industry expert session
- Furniture Styles
- Space Planning and Deciphering Blue Prints – industry expert session
- Kitchen and Bath Design – industry expert session
- Design software application overview and mock client exercise – industry expert session
- Trend Spotting
- Color Forecast and Exercise – industry expert session
- Century Furniture Showroom – Learn how to design a custom furniture piece – showroom and expert session
- Architectural Lighting Showroom – Proper lighting guidelines and introduction to different types of lighting – showroom and expert session
- Bassman Blaine Showroom – How to work with Trade-Only resources and reps – showroom and expert session
- Building your Portfolio
- Wanda Colon’s exclusive 6-Step Design Process
- Design Software Demo and Interactive Exercise – industry expert session
- Create a design board for a living room
- Practice client presentation showcasing your living room
- Kitchen and Bath Mock Client ExerciseJ
- Pricing your Services and earning Commissions from Mark-ups
- Communication, Transparency and Integrity in your Services
- Attracting your Ideal Client, Closing the Deal, Handling Objections
- How to Select, Hire and Work with Contractors
- Industry Resources
- Creating a Dynamic Website – Industry Expert Session
- Marketing, Advertising and Promotions – Procuring Clientele – Industry Expert Session
- How to get on the first page of Google – Industry Expert Session
- Crucial content for your Business Card, Brochure and Website
- Building a Team – roles and procedures
- Contracts, systems and best practices
- Business Insurance
- Administrative Tools and Helpful Apps
- 30-days to business start-up plan
- Receive all Business Documents needed to Launch your new Design Business
- Congratulations! Receive your Interior Design Certificate! Special accolades are also awarded to the students with the Best Overall Design and Best Presentation.
- NEW! – The White Box Challenge Exercise.and How to Get Showcased on TV
- Just like on the HGTV’s “Design Star” television series. Bring your A game, as your team puts into action the skills learned from the week for yet another hands-on project. This includes designing a “white-box” room from scratch while incorporating unconventional materials. A fun and collaborative day ends with the winning team (chosen by a Design Show talent manager) receiving Best Design in Show accolades to showcase on their website and tips on how to get your work showcased on tv.
- Your team will utilize all the skills from the week to design, execute, project manage and present:
- A design plan for the white box challenge based on a client profile
- Incorporate an unconventional material that meets the challenge
- Go “shopping” in our vast warehouse to execute the look
- Install the design plan
- Present your design plan to the judge(s) and receive feedback
- Q&A with the Design Show talent manager and tips on how to create “buzz” about your business
- Celebrate a life changing week with new found friends and graduate with confidence and everything needed to take on clients immediately.
- Full-color study materials and Interior Design manual
- Dropbox link to essential client documents and templates
- Complete Interior Design Certificate with Designation logo for your website and business cards
- In class Award opportunities with award logo for web and print adds credibility
- Over 10 industry expert speakers who share everything they know about their area of expertise.
- Celebrity designer, Wanda Colón personally mentors you every step of the way
- Several exercises that hone your eye and teach you the fundamental elements of design
- 30-Day to Business Start-up Plan
Includes 10+ modules you read before class on:
- Space Planning
- Color Theory
- Fabric and working with Pattern
- Architecture Terms and Blue Print symbol cheat sheet
- Kitchen and Bath design
- History of Furniture Styles
- Design terms and definition of décor Styles
- And so much more…………
Location and Hotels
Realty One Real Estate 24251 Town Center Drive Valencia, CA 91355
HOTELS NEAR TRAINING LOCATION – ALL MAY HAVE POSSIBLE PARKING FEES
Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Santa Clarita Hotel25259 The Old Rd
Stevenson Ranch, CA
Hampton Inn Website
Hyatt Regency Valencia (within walking distance)24500 Town Center Dr
Hyatt Hotel Valencia Website
Hilton Garden Inn Valencia Six Flags27710 The Old Rd,
Hilton Garden Inn Website
Embassy Suites by Hilton Valencia28508 Westinghouse Pl
Embassy Suites Website
Fairfield Inn by Marriott Santa Clarita Valencia25340 The Old Rd
Stevenson Ranch, CA
Fairfield Inn by Marriott Website
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Santa Clarita27513 Wayne Mills Pl
Please note that topics may be moved to different days based on the availability of training sites, and to accommodate our guest speakers’ schedules